BusETA a new bus arrival information system. BusETA provides an enhanced user experience for customers using an open-source arrival-prediction algorithm that is quickly becoming a standard in the transit industry.
Among the features of BusETA:
- Real-time bus arrival information is updated every 30 seconds for accuracy
- Displays up to three next buses to arrive
- Shows both time and distance for next bus arrival
- Shows how many stops away a bus is located
- Provides real-time Metro alerts and advisories alongside arrival times (available soon)
- Eliminates "ghost buses" by clearly indicating when the system is using schedule data, rather than GPS location
- Conveniently lists available nearby routes based on a customer's location
- Available across all mobile and desktop applications
Riders are encouraged to provide feedback to WMATA at firstname.lastname@example.org.